When it comes to the senses, many humans only utilize five, and those include sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell. For some though, there is another type of sense, and this is the intuitive sense.
The most commonly known type of psychic gift is clairvoyance, which is clear seeing. However, there are other ways to perceive info, such as clauraudience (clear hearing) or even claircognizance (clear knowing), the latter of which is often used in tandem with clairsentience (clear feeling).
Here are some example signs for each preference. Note the ones that relate to you. Please be aware that you may experience all of these things at some time or another. Aim to identify the ones you do most often – the ones that you prefer or favour; the ones that come easy to you.
How To Tell If You Have The Gift of Clairvoyant
Clairvoyance means “clear seeing,” which refers to psychic seeing. If you are a clairvoyant psychic, you’ve probably experienced the gift manifesting itself in some way during your life…and you may not have even been able to recognize it for what it was!
Even though clairvoyance is somewhat common, many very clairvoyant people discredit their clairvoyant abilities as a daydream, wandering of the mind, wishful thinking, and their imagination. Have you been asking yourself whether or not you might be clairvoyant?
Signs you are Clairvoyant
- You tend to use the phrase, ‘I see’.
- Visions, images, colours, symbols and mental-videos come to you in your mind’s eye. Flashes of light and color often are signs.
- Notice people’s auras and energy field.
- See movement out the corner of your eye, but nothing appears to be there.
- You see mist, fog, light or colours when others can’t.
- You have good imagination. You are an expert at puzzles and problem solving, because seeing how different pieces fit together
- Day-dream often. Does your imagination or subconscious sometimes take over?
- Easily visualise your dreams, goals and desires. You’re very imaginative and creative.
- Seeing symbols, visions, colors and images. This “inner seeing” is very subtle most of the time and will typically happen within your mind’s eye.
- You prefer to see things rather than discuss or read about them. When people tell you about something, you’re daydreaming and visualizing it.
- You have frequent, active or vivid dreams.
How To Tell If You Have The Gift of Claircognizant
Claircognizance is the intuitive ability of clear knowing. Claircognizance is also called clear-knowing, divine knowing, or drop-in insight. Claircognizant information often comes in like a light bulb illuminating suddenly within your head, or a sudden bright and clear idea.
The purpose of intuitive gifts, including claircognizance, is to give us a greater understanding of love and life, which in turn, changes the quality and experience of our lives. Specifically, this refers to the knowing of an event, occurrence, intention, or another facet of existence even without any evidence to lead to that knowledge. Despite having no information about an event, claircognizant people can feel that they know a piece of information that they have yet to be presented with and are consistently proven correct by the outcome of the situation.
Signs you are Claircognizant
- You tend to use phrases such as, ‘I know…’, ‘I don’t how, but I just know somehow’.
- Intuition and ‘gut-feeling’ are heightened. Get regular flashes of insights and inspiration. People that have natural claircognitive abilities are logical, enjoy thinking things out, and frequently get ideas that suddenly pop into their heads.
- Experience feelings of deja-vu. Like you’ve been here before. Or had a dream about this.
- There are some skills you pick up very quickly without little training or practise. Like you’ve done this before.
- Your mind is full of ideas and possibilities. You have lots of sudden ideas that you can’t wait to share. You’ve experienced fast downloads of thoughts, and spend your time thinking a lot.
- You feel as though your mind works differently to other people’s. Most of the time – you get a sudden stroke of insight and then a persistent low beat. You can also get external confirmation.
- Answers and solutions come easily to you, even without prior knowledge of the situation or subject-matter.
How To Tell If You Have The Gift of Clairsentience
Clairsentience loosely translated means “clear-feeling” and is perhaps the most down-to-earth of all the intuitive gifts. It’s someone who feels things very deeply, someone who has the gift of clear sensing. It is the ability to feel the present, past or future physical and emotional states of others, without the use of the normal 5 senses (smell, vision, touch, hearing, and taste). People who experience clairsentience are affected by a myriad of different influences, but it all comes down to being sensitive to changes in energy.
Do you sense other people’s motives, feelings, and next moves without even greeting or interacting with them directly? Do your loved ones see you as the person to-go-to when it comes to gut feelings?
Signs you are Clairsentience
- You tend to use the phrase, ‘I feel’ or ‘I sense that…’.
- You prefer to experience things.
- Enjoy nature, animals and wildlife. You recharge with quiet time.
- Sensitive to your environment. Sensitive to energies around you. You are capable to experience and feel both inner and outer energy in a more intuitive way.
- Get goosebumps or tingles for no apparent reason.
- Some people call you an empath. You’re very empathetic to your friends’ emotions and energies.
- Large crowds and busy places can drain or easily overwhelm you.
- Pick up on the mood of others, their emotions and thoughts. You can sense people’s intentions.
- Easily relate to others and their situations.
- Moods and emotions can be sudden, and sometimes for no apparent reason.
- You get ‘gut-feelings’ about situations, decisions, places and people. Even about buildings and outside areas, invisible to physical senses
- People say you’re too sensitive.
- You can’t buy old stuff because you have the the ability to feel or sense intuitive messages through physical touch or emotion.
How To Tell If You Have The Gift of Clairaudience
Clairaudience is the intuitive ability that refers to clear hearing. Clairaudience (clear-hearing) can manifest internally, meaning heard within your mind, or externally, meaning heard as a voice or a noise outside of yourself.
Do you experience things in life differently than the other people around you? Have your experiences and perceptions led you to wonder if you are maybe picking up more of what is happening in the world surrounding you than most people? Many individuals with the gift of clairaudience will use their abilities in their lives on a daily basis without even being aware of it.
- You tend to use phrases such as: ‘I hear you’, ‘I hear what you’re saying’.
- Hear your name being called, yet no-one is there. You hear the radio or whispering in the distance, when no one else does.
- You prefer to listen to, read or research things. You can learn on YouTube just by listening. Or you like to be left alone with a quiet book to learn.
- Hear buzzing or ringing that appears to come from nowhere. If your abilities of clairaudience are starting to open up, you might notice a ringing sensation in your ears or changes of pressure within your ears.
- Hear or speak words in your mind that are clear, rational, helpful and encouraging. You give others profound advice. You comfort others.
- You hear messages, that have a tendency to be brief and get straight to the point. They could be sudden inspiration doing the most mundane tasks like cleaning your room.
- Hear things that others can’t. People tell you that you’ve got amazing hearing.
- Music helps you connect.
- More of a listener than a talker.
- Talk to animals and plants and feel they are communicating to you.
- You converse with yourself often or mumble something outloud often. You find yourself frequently troubleshooting what you say, calming yourself down with words.
Almost everyone experiences an odd, clear feeling at one time or another. Any of this sound familiar to you? Everyone is born with the ability to intuit information different ways. This is why kids (and even animals) perceive, understand and are able to create things that adults often can’t. Where do you have the most similarities?
These will probably be your natural inclinations and how you prefer to perceive information from spirit. A claircognizant people may experience more than one psychic ability. This means that just because someone is claircognizant, it doesn’t mean that they cannot also be clairaudient. It is possible to possess all four intuitive senses as one individual person.